...News as e dey HOT

News ǀ Youths and Adults Gist ǀ Politics ǀ Entertainments ǀ For further enquiries please send us email at naijafreshnews@gmail.com

QUOTE

I am in PDP not in opposition party – C/River Governor-elect



CALABAR – SENATOR Ben Ayade, the Cross River State governor-elect has said he is in the Peoples Democratic Party , PDP, and not in the opposition, adding that with the elections now over, political platforms on which those elected to serve the people should take back stage while purposeful governance is given focus.
Senator Ayade who stated this in Calabar while speaking with journalists on the direction and institutional framework on which he would lead the state in the next four years said political parties are mere containers on which people are elected to serve and thereafter the people  become the single focus of leaders to address their  teething problems and needs.
 “I hear  people say I am now in an opposition party and  I say no, I am not in an opposition party but simply in PDP and  PDP is done; I am now the governor of Cross River State and I need the federal governement to succeed and I must therefore associate with the Federal structure to present my ideas and models, but if party is the issue, time will tell, otherwise I believe that the President-elect will recognize the fact that he has a singular role to play by dealing fairly with all the states of the federation to move the country forward”.
He said  General Buhari must see the country as one entity and  attend to each state  of the federation based on its priority rather than on party affiliations in keeping with his ideology of  change if the nation must move forward and become  a better place.

No comments:

Post a Comment